Thursday, December 22, 2016

They Move Too Often

I have a new super power. If a cat is sleeping soundly and I start to sketch or draw the cat, the cat will move. Here are some drawings from last night where I got far enough that I have something to show.

Here is Dorian. She was curled up in an unusual and appealing way at the start. She re-positioned herself several times, which made it hard. Long before I had something cohesive, she did a major move. More time would have been good to finish this and get the proportions captured better. It was so frustrating that I even wrote "too much moving" on the drawing.


Here is Hammet. He woke up and walked away before I got very far.



Here is the my favorite drawing from last night of Ella. Her full name is Ella Phant, but she also could have been named Ella Gant (even though this is the wrong spelling). I'm pretty slow, so this one took the longest. She moved slightly, several times.


I am looking forward to my drawing class that starts in January. There is a lot to learn, but I feel like I'm learning to see lines and shapes better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin - What progress you have made this year. I have loved following your postings and watching such improvement. Hope you and Daniel have a great holiday. XO from all of us here at the farm - K M & J and critters.

    ReplyDelete