Thursday, December 29, 2016

This Afternoon

I painted this from a picture of a friend's cat. At first, it did not work for me. After getting away from it, eating supper, and making a few minor corrections, it works better, especially for a first attempt.


Mixing and painting the different whites was fun and I like the brush strokes. For once, I was able to carry plenty of paint in my brush.

I did this painting while my niece was over. We both painted together. While it was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and fun way to spend time with her, I have a harder time painting or drawing with other people around. It's something that I want to practice, since I don't want to be down in basement all alone whenever I want to create!

2 comments:

  1. I will say Robin that I too like to paint alone! It has been so much fun to watch the progress you have made since you began your project. Serious improvement! Hope you keep going.
    Happy New Year to you and Daniel!
    Kristin, Mark and Julis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your family!! I hope you have (had) a wonderful holiday season! Robin

      Delete