Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Ephemeral

This morning, I decided to test two different papers to see if they could handle watered down paint.  The answer was no.  After I painted them, but before they were fully dry and started to curl up, I took one page and started playing around with some cut up paper pieces I made. 


At some point in the mass of shapes, I went from looking at the relationship of the cut pieces to each other and became aware of the negative space in the blue between the shapes and grooving on that. 

I didn’t care that the blue and purple isn’t the greatest color exploration.  I wasn’t trying to complete anything, which is good because the paper has curled terribly and the pieces are loose and have shifted.  I just enjoyed starting my day this way and capturing this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment