Sunday, February 26, 2023

I Am Not A Baseball

One of the pieces of citrus fruit I am painting is a mandarin and I got it because of the part on the top that looks like a little hat. The first time I tried to paint it, the hat did not work out. This time it went better and this one is not an orange baseball. 

It may sound a little woo-woo, but most (or all) of the time when I paint I think I’m just in my head/brain.  Since that’s where I am most of my life, I am trying to be more present by occasionally doing things like being aware of my feet on the ground and stuff like that.  When I was painting this one, I made a concentrated effort to stay more aware of my physical presence and also to consider the object that I’m painting in a different way.   

Here are the other two pieces to round out the week.

I almost always set things up in a particular way.  For this one, the fruit was placed on its side.


Class is today, so here is the last homework piece from yesterday.  I started down the path of too many layers in the orange and lost the individual paint strokes, which led to losing distinct parts of the shape. Rather than stop, I added layers that were more like washes.  

This week one of the things I enjoyed the most was working on mixing different colors of orange, in addition to just getting back to painting every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment