Saturday, January 29, 2022

My Thumb Is Still Green

I have not started violas from seed for several years, so I was reminded of what happens every year when I do.  They always take longer to start than I recall, so after 5-7 days I start to doubt that anything will ever germinated and grow for me again.  My spouse is the one who first pointed out this pattern to me.

After having my usual doubt, I am thrilled to report that there is new life in the basement.  If you look closely, there are violas which have germinated in 3 different cells.  They are so tiny!   


In art-making news, here are two recent paintings.



It's been good to get paint on the brush every day.  I'm working on finding a groove and, honestly, I've also been feeling unfocused.  On Roz's Patreon site, she just posted about goals, expectations, evaluation, and the editing eye and it's got me thinking about setting some simple goals and expectations on a weekly basis.  I'm also thinking about starting a February project that involves painting objects in the house, which also means painting from life, not pictures, but it also stays in line with not adding a bunch of complications.    

No comments:

Post a Comment