Sunday, January 16, 2022

Begin Again

One of the many good concepts I’ve picked up from my meditation practice is the concept of “begin again”. Yesterday, I began again.

I set up a fresh palette and did a quick, simple painting.  In the moment, it didn’t feel especially good.  It felt awkward and all of my bad habits are back.  After I was off doing other things last night and into today, when I am aware of any passing thoughts about yesterday’s painting, I feel a little whisper of happiness.  

Today, I came downstairs to gesso enough pages in one of my spiral notebooks to be able to start painting again.  I am going to shoot for getting paint on a brush on a daily basis. 

Here’s my fresh palette, used one time so far. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Robin. I think just the act of beginning again is so important. I’ve been in a funk too but I feel myself coming out of it. Can’t wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get out of your funk. The last 2 years have been really hard ones!! You can see which mug I kept. I love them both, but the other one is off to a new home.

    ReplyDelete