Tuesday, March 24, 2020

I Just Don't Get It

I just don't get watercolor as a medium. That's okay, since it also gives me the freedom to just play. This morning I decided to make a "thank you" to my yoga studio for doing classes online through Zoom meeting.

Gratitude - 9" x 12" - watercolor - paper
The classroom space has been set up with a camera, mic, and so on, so they can show the instructor live for classes. It's been so helpful to continue to be involved with this community. The studio is close to my house, so I am going to tape this on their window, where they can see it when they look outside the classroom window. On the bottom of the painting, I attached a small strip of paper and wrote "Thanks for going on-line". There are a lot of members who are within walking distance of the studio and I like the idea that the studio won't know which one of us did this.  

Before everything shut down, I went to Wet Paint and purchased some supplies, including masking fluid. I used artist tape to make the squares, but used the masking fluid to keep some unpainted areas in the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment