Monday, August 12, 2019

Paint Strokes

Hello, there. It's been awhile. Since I have a lot of new hummingbird pictures, I painted from one of the new ones.

#344 - 2019 Cabin Hummingbird
I'm back to feeling lost when it comes to painting backgrounds. The background for this one was originally a darker, duller red. I changed it since I didn't like it. 

I've been picking up my paint brush here and there and one frustration has been with paint strokes. To remove the barriers to just paint something, I decided to draw out some simple shapes in a pattern and practice filling them in. It worked well, since it gave me more than one try to fill in a shape.



While doing this, I found myself slowing down and thinking about the edges of the paint brush and how to best use them.  I have busy week, so I might practice with this a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment