Monday, March 11, 2019

Orange You Glad To See Me?

For my online painting class with Kat, it’s timed painting week. In the past in the classes I’ve taken in person, that’s meant doing a simple 10-minute painting. The official homework goes beyond that, but I kind of need the simple 10 minute paintings this week. For a warm up, I did 4 of them yesterday in one session. Usually, I hit my stride at about #3. Not yesterday! I completely lost my focus on #2 and #3, plus I had too much moisture in my palette for #2. It’s been challenging keeping a decent moisture level. The basement is cold, so I run a space heater in my painting area. That really dries things out!

I took a picture after I had worked on each one for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, I like the first one the best, except for the background stroke on the right hand side which is really distracting.








For all of them, I did a little additional work, although I gave up on #2 and #3. I like where I ended up with #4, which is the lower left-hand corner.

#312 - 10 minute paintings - 8" x 8" - paper

No comments:

Post a Comment