Friday, March 8, 2019

More Homework

I had been getting along great with my sumo mandarin. On Wednesday, I started a painting using it as my model and it was a clunker. I didn't finish it. Yesterday with limited time, I switched to something I could start yesterday and finish today.

#310 - My Current Favorite Mug - 6" x 6" - paper
This is a mug I purchased from a friend, who is a potter, when I was back in the Quad Cities this summer. The color is mostly orange/brown with overtones of green, which makes it hard to decide what color you are dealing with. This is mostly one-color per stroke. I did cheat a little bit.

I like the handle of the mug.

The mug looks more like it's kissing the edge of the painting. I should have set this up better and clearly cut off the top part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment