Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Trio Of Apples

For class on 11/08, I knew we were going to start working with color.  We were going to be painting on different color backgrounds.  I've tried this several times in Kat's classes.  The different this time was that the color was going to be more translucent.  Additionally, we weren’t going to try to paint the actual colors of the actual objects.  That meant it was time to practice using a simple object.

First up, I went crazy with the colors and put no thought into creating anything cohesive.  You can see the tinted color that I used for the ground.  That is because I keep trying to add a layer of paint in an area where the previous layer is not dry. I do this over and over again in class and outside of class.  This is a perfect example of what happens.  You end up picking up a lot of the previous paint, rather than laying down the additional paint. I could have tried to fix it, but I decided to memorialize this, as a reminder to stop doing this.

#282 - Apple - 5" x 5" paper
The next time I went to painting, I worked on two paintings at the same time and used two different ground colors.


This is the painting done on the orange background.  You can see how it really dulls down the purple colors. 

#283 - Apple - 5" x 5" - paper
This is the painting on the purple background. I like how this apple turned out better. 

#284 - Apple - 5" x 5" - paper. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with what you have been doing and glad that you are sharing this. I will do my best to manage to take Carl's class next time. See you soon?

    ReplyDelete