Friday, March 3, 2017

Seeing Trees

I am thinking about playing around with negative space trees as a way to have time to paint, while I'm taking an on-line class. Yesterday morning, I had a dentist appointment and another appointment after that. As I was driving around, I kept noticing the shapes of different trees and the direction and shape of their branches. I only looked at the trees when I was at a stoplight, because they were so distracting. It made otherwise, ordinary driving around town fascinating!

I also sketched a few of them, since I was early for both appointments.



Finally, here is a negative space tree. It was fun and relaxing to do. Expect to see a lot more trees out of me. I want to work on mixing colors, controlling values, and making varied and different paint strokes.  It's a perfect way to do all three without a lot of fuss or prep.


No comments:

Post a Comment