Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lyin' Eyes

To steal the title of an Eagles song, I either had a problem today with lyin' eyes or inept hands. I had a few spare moments and decided to try and draw my tangerine in pen. First, I did the top one without measuring. After measuring, it turns out that the tangerine was taller than it was wide. I tried to sync up my eyes and hands to draw it with this relationship, but could not until I got to the bottom one.


I'm still having trouble figuring out how to make expressive marks to show shape, shade, and characteristics in pen, but I know it won't get any better if I don't keep trying.

I also tried to sketch my puppy dog tail (a small cinnamon roll) from Isles Buns & Coffee and decided that I have no clue how to draw frosting versus the rest of the roll. It got another attempt after I indulged in 1/2 the roll, but I didn't really try to do the texture of the frosting. The tall chai tea also garnered several attempts.


If I sound too critical or cranky, I'm not. In the moment, it was wonderful.

For some reason after tackling toast, yesterday, I am really interested in trying to sketch food.

No comments:

Post a Comment