Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Art 4 Shelter 2017

In two more months, Art 4 Shelter will be happening again. It's hard to believe a year has passed since the last time. I've been doing a few paintings here and there throughout the year to submit to this year's event. It's doubly enjoyable for me. First and foremost, the event raises funds for Simpson Housing Services, whose mission is to house, support, and advocate for people experience homelessness. I provide services to them in my professional life and they are a very worthy organization. Second, after attending the event for many years, it was a thrill (and I confess that it was a little bit stressful) to submit artwork for last year's event. It was fun to see my pieces hanging up with all of the other pieces of art. Last year, one of the people I work with at Simpson, even bought one of my pieces!

I am getting ready to mail in a package for this year's event, so I thought I'd take pictures and document all of them here. All of these are 5" x 7" on paper and will, hopefully, sell for $30 each

So far, there is a bird.


There are a lot of flowers.






Of course, there are cats.



I don't think you are supposed to have favorites, but this last one is my favorite of the batch, This cat's nickname is Mr. Excitement and he lives up to it.

As a point of comparison, here is where I was at last year. Admittedly, I did paint this one fairly loose and I could have done something with the eyes, but I kind of liked it as is. It has a "day of the dead" feeling to me. This year's painting and last year's were from different pictures and I didn't intend to use the same background color. Weird!

Art 4 Shelter - 2016

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, Robin!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am excited about this year's event.

      Delete