Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Periwinkle Magic

I love the magic of mixing color.  When I set up to paint last night, I used a periwinkle piece of paper because I liked it with the other colors.  Time has been limited, so my set-ups have been rather slap-dash.  

I try not to get hung up on getting the exact color, but also wasn’t sure how to mix a periwinkle with the colors on my palette.  Last night, the magical thing happened where I just mixed rather than get all tight and constricted by consciously thinking about it.  I didn’t labor over it or spend forever trying to mix it.  At one point, it just seemed like adding a little Phthalo Blue Green Shade was the right thing to do and, viola, a periwinkle color appeared!  It also was pretty darn close to the color of my paper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment