Thursday, October 1, 2020

Some Second Layers

 I haven't been writing. I've been off experimenting.


I've been job hunting.


I've also been painting the stairwell and stairwell ceiling (with white on the ceiling and only one color on the walls, in case you are wondering).


I've still never met a bright color that I don't like The following one is actually brighter in person.  The other interesting thing is that the above one is hansa yellow opaque as the first layer with quin magenta on top, while this one reversed the order of the colors. You can also see that I used different techniques, but even so the difference is interesting.


I am toning some of the colors down or at least adding some areas which are more neutralized. This one is actually a first layer.


I am loving the excuse to play with color.  I have made a pledge to myself that these are not precious. They are to be used. I can always make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment