Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Painting, Not Posting

I have been painting, but not posting. What can I say? It’s a busy time of year. Ever since I played with pears for a month, I’ve been more interested in trying to paint from life rather than pictures. I’m a little surprised by this, because drawing with a view finder has been frustrating. Overall, I don’t think I’m seeing particular well these days.

It’s good to have these problems and minor gripes. I’ve been finding the time to paint almost every day and that is a very, very good thing!
#353 - New Purple Teapot - 6” x 6”- hard board
This is a replacement for my prior, purple teapot which broke. This one has a shiny finish. I did not get the spout. Initially, the background was a duller version of these colors. It’s better brightened up.

Next up are two tangerines. Both of them had fairly flat tops and, once again, I’m having some difficulty representing that.
#354 - Tangerine 1 - 6” x 6” - hardboard

#355 - Tangerine #2 - 8” x 8” - paper

This morning, I did a very quick painting of a grapefruit. It wasn’t a timed painting, but I was working pretty fast since there’s a lot to do today. The shapes aren’t quite right and I got a little sloppy.

#356 - Grapefruit on Plate - 8” x 8” - paper

I am glad I squeezed in time to paint today and to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment