Monday, June 17, 2019

Self Conscious

I've been feeling a little self-conscious and I've also busy. When I get out of the habit of posting to this blog, drawing, or painting, it can be hard to pick it back up. To get the habit back, this is a "just do it" post.

My hubby got a new bike last week.  It's a step-through bike.We don't have a secure place in the garage, yet, so it's in the living room. Here is a very quick sketch from last week. I wasn't warmed up. I didn't measure. I didn't plan. I just started with the seat and went from there. It might sound like I'm making excuses. I'm not. It was fun to have no expectations. It was interesting making decisions about what to include and what to skip.


I've passed on posting a few things, which is a bad thing to do. That starts me down the self-conscious path. Here are two timed pear paintings. Last week at the co-op, I saw an adorable red bartlett pear. The other timed paintings were limes and I lost my ability to make round objects have depth and volume, so those aren't presented.

#341 - Timed Pear Paintings - 4" x 8" - paper

In the spirit of painting from life, I also did another, non-timed, pear painting. I reached a stopping point on this one and didn't stop. The light bounced back up on the pear on this one and I was pleased that I really saw it and saw that it was a cool, blue-lavender color.

#342 - Co-op Pear - 6" x 6"
Last week, I also had fun drawing a peony flower that I placed in my little vase. I didn't have the patience or time to do the entire flower, since there is a lot of detail! Instead, I really enjoyed doing the outline and adding some of the inside shapes for volume.  It was almost hypnotizing looking and drawing the shapes of  the larger outside petals. Here's my favorite. The vase is wonky, but  the flower reads to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment