Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas Painting Present

Nope, it's not what you think. My niece wanted acrylic paint and I didn't want to decide the brand, type, or colors in case she had something specific in mind. On Christmas Eve, I decided to paint up some trading cards that she could trade for the actual paint when we went on a shopping trip. I had fun doing this, although the experience really made me a fan of red and less of a fan of yellow. The longer the word, the harder it was to fit and paint around. Each of the cards was something like 5 inches long.


I wrote up a card for her and tucked the trading cards in that. Since I was on a roll and feeling silly, I decided to write on the back of the card. Coupons always have so many legalistic warnings that a grabbed one and copied the warnings with a few revisions on the back of the it. 


I also gave her one of the Masterson's sta wet palette and a few other supplies. Yesterday, we went shopping and got her the paint! I hope she has fun playing with it.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to do this! And with such lovely whimsy and thought! You are so great, Robin!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for your card. Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete