Thursday, November 29, 2018

Tired of Painting Apples

I have no one to blame but myself. When I got back from vacation, I didn’t have a plan about what I wanted to paint, so I grabbed an apple. Between the lack of focus, jet-lag, work, and laundry, I found a few pockets of time here and there to work on this. That means it took me 3 days to finish a small, simply apple painting.

#287 - Another Apple - 5" x 5" - paper

In other news, I have been sketching a bit and I stopped at the Como Zoo on my way home and worked on sketching the giraffe. Since I’m working close by the Zoo and Bell Natural History Museum tomorrow and most of next week, I might try to do a little more sketching. I am excitied about trying to sketch from animals in the dioramas at the Bell which do not move!

2 comments:

  1. lovely
    If you are around the Bell around 4pm sometime this week let me know. I might be able to slip out of work and meet you for a drawing date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rats! I don't think this week will work. Are you going to Carl's open studio? It's either this Saturday or next. I forget. I'd like to go and it would be good to see you.

      Delete