Saturday, September 15, 2018

Hello There!

Earlier this week, I started a small painting and a large painting. The small one is my September painting for Art 4 Shelter. I had one false start. On my second start, I liked it better before I got a little fussy with the bird.


Looking at it later, I decided that the darkest darks on the bird needed to be darker.

#260 - Hummingbird At Feeder 5 x 7 - paper

I also started working on a large cat painting. From the beginning, I have fought with this painting. Lighting, paint colors, paint strokes - - you name it. About 15% in, I was tempted to sand it, gesso it, and start over, but decided it would be better to keep working and finish it. I’ve been working on it here and there in small pockets of time. Finally on Thursday morning, I got into a flow with it and it just felt good to enter that space in my head. Right after that, I left for a long weekend out of town with a friend, so I don’t be back to finish it until next week. 

One other thing, I signed up for a set of painting classes with Carl Oldvedt at Wet Paint. They start in mid-October. 




No comments:

Post a Comment