Friday, September 21, 2018

Goodbye My Friend

Since my first large painting was of Dorian, I've been wanting to do a large painting of my other gray cat. I started it last week and finished it on Wednesday. I don't believe in forces at work other than coincidence, since Ella's health situation has been fragile these last two years and she has slowly been declining.

On Wednesday, she was eating and was social. Thursday morning, she stopped eating and she started to withdraw later in the day. We brought her to the vet this morning to see to see if there was anything else we could do. There was not and it became time to let her go.

Goodbye sweet Ella Phant. I do not have the words to express my sadness.

#261 Ella Phant - 18" x 24" - hardboard 

4 comments:

  1. Blessings on sweet Ella as she passed to the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your painting is a beautiful tribute to a sweet soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, I am so sorry! Yes, Ella has been a muse for you for a while~ I hope you can continue to celebrate her spirit in paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no; I'm so sorry to read this about your Ella. Our kitties are more than just cats somehow. And they want to stay with us and it's hard to let them go.

    ReplyDelete