Friday, June 15, 2018

TGIF!!

Until I opened the paper this morning, I forgot that "The Incredibles 2" opens today. The first one is probably my partner's favorite movie or has to be close to his favorite. Since I am working from home today and he can ditch work a little early, we bought tickets to a 6:00 pm showing. We never seem to go to as many movies as we plan and we mostly go to them when they hit the second-run theaters. I can't wait until it's time to go to tonight's movie!!!

I started this landscape yesterday and finished it today.

#233 - Dirt Road Near The Cabin - 8" x 8" - paper

Painting landscape after landscape is helping. While I can't say that I like any of my landscape paintings, I am enjoying the thought process and trying to improve. There are several things I feel good about with this one. There is more of a distinction between the foreground, middle ground, and background than usual. The trees in the background recede to me. These trees really were an extremely dark green and I decided to use a blob of pthalo blue red shade in my green mix. I like what it did. While I don't care so much for the foreground trees, I do think the different parts of the painting read as being distinct. It was fun playing with different types of paint strokes to try and do this.

My plan is to keep working on landscapes, although I will take a break at some point during the month. One of things I learned from the recent session of painting class is that I need to occasionally re calibrate by doing some 10 minute paintings or one stroke paintings. Plus, it's good to mix up painting from pictures and painting still life.

3 comments:

  1. Love the trees and THE CLOUDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking at this and love the dreamy quality of your landscape. You've inspired me to give it a try. Did you see Kat's blog post and the 9 year-old's Lake Superior water/landscape?????!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try, try, try! Post, post, post! I love seeing your work.

      Delete