Friday, March 16, 2018

Hello Blog, I've Been Neglecting You

I was away from last Friday through Wednesday. It was good to be away. It was even better to be in a beautiful place visiting a dear, dear friend with my hubby and her spouse. If that's not enough goodness, it was in a new and beautiful location. The only time I've been close to the Atlantic Ocean was in Florida. This trip, I was on Block Island RI. My friend is house-sitting for the winter. Since it's an island, you are surrounded by water, plus there are a number of ponds on the island. While I love living in the city, I also loved being away where you can see so much sky and water. The views and the colors were amazing. I had a good camera along and put it to good use.

We had time to wander around the port in before we took the ferry to Block Island.

Fishing Boats - Port in Galilee RI

Fishing Boat At Dusk
Ferry Docked On Block Island
Imagine living on an island. To get to and fro, it's either by water or air. Many islanders will have a vehicle on the island and on the main land. What do you do when you've done a bunch of shopping and need to get your stuff easily back home? Use a cart provided by the ferry company.


If you have a lot of stuff, there are options for that too.


Once you get to Block Island, it's easier to show some of the beauty rather than trying to describe it.






While we were there, we chased a sunset.




Also, I practiced counting.

One Snowy Owl
Two Swans

Three Seals
Four Llamas
It was an incredible trip. Being from Minnesota, the weather helped me feel right at home.

Monday
Tuesday
Oh yes, this is supposed to be a blog about drawing and painting. While, I took a painting hiatus. There was too much to do and see. Now that I'm back, I picked up my brushes again.

#190 - Cardinal In Snow - 5" x 7" - paper - standard palette

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post about the Island. Love the cardinal. Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures. There's something very primal about the ocean, and this makes me miss it. I'm glad you had such a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete