Sunday, August 6, 2017

I've Been Painting

I've been painting. During the week, I found some snippets of time here and there. This weekend, I found some bigger chunks of time. It felt good to pick up the brushes, but I confess that my painting mojo is a little off. Usually, I share it all, but there's one that is not going to see the light of this blog!

I worked on some homework paintings, which included experimenting with a different color of background. Boy does it change things and it looks super freaky, as you go along.


I decided that I couldn't deal with the pupils being blue, so I used black gesso. It was a bit of a challenge to paint with a different background color. My outline did not show up nearly as well. Still, it was fun to see how it influenced the paint colors.


I did a few minor things to try to "rescue" this one. These did not work out as well as I hoped. Still, it was a blast to see how the colors behaved differently. It might be fun to try painting this one again, but in brighter, crazy, modern colors.

I worked on version 2 of the service door of the cabin garage. This is one that I worked on throughout the week.


I like the rock foundation better in this one and I also like the addition of the foliage on the left-hand side.

Lastly, I tried a painting of one of my gray cats laying on a pillow.


I'm not sure about the background. Okay, I am sure about the background. I am quite sure that I don't like it. Also, I struggled with capturing the values, so I think the cat looks a bit flat. This is not a complete surprise, since I thought it would be a hard picture to paint when I selected it. It's silly, but I do like the paw that sticks out in the lower left-hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment