Friday, August 11, 2017

Edgy Homework

While I've been enjoying sketching lately and have really been enjoying sketching loosely with a soft pencil, painting has not been going so well. I have at least one more painting that will not see the light of this blog. Focus has been a problem. Yesterday, I slowed down and concentrated on my paint strokes. I also went back to painting on a black background.

The goal was to work on a homework assignment. The assignment is to paint the same simple scene starting with tight, crisp edges and to repeat the same scene 3 more times getting looser each time. Today, I finished the first version. This is a 4 inch by 4 inch painting. The purples are much better in person.


The handle is off, but I am pleased that the roundness of the mug comes through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment