Wednesday, April 19, 2017

When You Paint A Lot Of Cats, Dogs Are Harder To Paint

So far, last week's painting of Hammett is my all-time favorite. One of the nice things about being a beginner is that I get a new all-time favorite every month or so, The downside is that afterwards my next several painting attempts don't go very well. I've worked on two paintings, since the one of Hammett, and they are already out of my life. One was a bird. The other was a painting of the same dog, but it was from a different picture - - - a much harder picture to use for a painting. I decided to give myself a break and try again, but with a better/easier picture.

While I'm not thrilled, I'm not disappointed either. When I try something new, it generally takes 3 attempts to start to "get it".


While this has some problems, I'll take it as a first attempt. Also, this one looks much better when you look at it from way across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment