Monday, April 3, 2017

Art 4 Shelter 2017 - 2nd Mailing

I mailed 8 pieces for Art 4 Shelter back in March. The original batch was painted from June of 2016 through March 2017. Since March, I've done 8 more pieces for the event, so it's time to mail these in. My goal after last year's event was to create one piece per month.

I branched out with this batch, which is one of the things that I like about making things for this event.

I tried painting wildlife from nature pictures taken by my friend, Jeff. For the deer, it's amazing how much the tiny dots of white in the eyes make them come alive.




I tried some pen and ink drawings. These were a blast and were a fun way to focus on values.



There's one water lily painting.


Of course, there are more paintings of cats. There can never be too many paintings of cats!




Close examination will show that one of the pen and ink drawings and one of the paintings was from the same source picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment