Tuesday, April 18, 2017

30 Day Brush Pen Challenge - Recap 1

This clock has a lot of detail, so it's interesting figuring out how much is enough versus too much. The inner portion with the pendulum could use some more details.

Day 2 - clock

Truthfully, I am not enjoying this challenge as much as the last one. For some reason, I go too quickly and get really sloppy when using the brush pen. For day 3, I did two drawings. The first one includes the items on the ledge of my kitchen sink. I ignored the faucet.

Day 3 - kitchen sink ledge

Day 3 - tea kettle
Finally! It's not that this drawing is any better than the rest, but I finally was able to settle back into the process. The unnecessary mental chatter faded away and, instead, the focus was on things like  how does this shape relate to that shape, is this enough detail without too much, and so on. The brush pen and I are not friends at this point, but we are starting to form a relationship.  

Day 4 - kitchen sink


No comments:

Post a Comment