Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sketchbook Skool Homework For Week 1

Class is in week 2. I am working on my homework for week 1. Fortunately, there are only 2 assignments, with the toast being the first assignment. Plus, I'm doing this for fun, so I'm not going to sweat it. Although by being behind, I'm missing out on the community aspect of the course.

The second assignment was called fast / slow. You paint the rough shape of an object really fast with a big brush. I probably could have used a bigger brush, but I used what I had.  After the watercolor dries, you go back with pen and slow down to actually see and draw the details of the object. I thought about using the antique clock, which was my father's, or my unicycle. It surprised me when I decided to spend some quality time with my vacuum cleaner. I wish that I would have gotten my paint a little darker.




2 comments:

  1. ooooo! I LOVE this one! What a great excersise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a really fun exercise. Since I am working from home today, I just set up the "fast" part of my can opener. It can dry and be ready for me to draw the "slow" part at lunch time.

      Delete